Samsung showcased their new series of 3D enabled LED monitor: 950 series at CES 2011.
The 950 series includes S23A950 and T23A950 (23 inch) and S27A950 and T27A950 (27 inch).
All these features thin panel screen connected seamlessly to a stand on the lower part.
Design and Features
The 950 Series has an eye popping design with dark black color panel surrounding the screen that contrasts with the metallic silver color rear panel.
The monitor not only supports PC contents and but also content from Blu-Ray players, Cable Set Top boxes and various gaming consoles. Hence, the device is a monitor cum HDTV.
The 3D capability is enhanced with the use of provided wireless 3D active shutter glasses and built-in 3D emitter.
The 950 Series boasts of highest quality image for 2D and 3D content. Also, with the use built-in Ultra Clear Panel technology ensures excellent colors and picture quality.
For best realistic images and color experience, the LED offers 100 percent sRGB coverage.
This backlit technology also results in less energy consumptions. It almost uses 40 percent less power as compared to other and older versions of LED monitors.
The monitor is eco-friendly too as its front panel and dock is made up of aluminum material which is recyclable.
The HDTV/monitor MFM versions of this monitor features a HDTV tuner card with the help of which you can stream live TV on the monitor.
Two more interesting feature of this monitor are the Eco Light Sensor and Eco Motion Sensor.
Eco Light Sensor helps in adjusting the brightness of the screen automatically according to the ambient light.
Eco Motion Sensor turns the display on or off when the user is within a specific range or is not near the monitor. This saves energy.
Specifications at Glance
- 1920x1080 resolution.
- Response time varies from 2 milliseconds to 5 milliseconds.
- Static MEGA dynamic contrast ratio of 1000:1.
- Viewing angle of 170°/160°.
- T23A950 (23-inch) and T27A950 (27-inch) include HDMI, USB 2.0, RF In, Audio Out Jack, Optical Digital Audio Out, PC Audio In Jack, Component In (Y/Pb/Pr), AV Composite In and Ethernet LAN.
- S23A950 (23-inch) S27A950 (27-inch) includes D-sub, HDMI, Displayport, DVI-Duallink
- 23A950 (23-inch) and T27A950 (27-inch) Audio includes 2 x 7W speakers with Dolby Digital and SRS TheaterSound HD. Also includes DTS 2.0 and 3D sound support
The 950 series of 3D LED monitors by Samsung will be available by March 2011. The price is not yet revealed.