NOX Audio has launched a new of in-ear headphones called Scout. It boasts of balanced armature technology for superior bass and balanced sound.
NOX created this headset basically for all mobile gamers and music fans who want lots of bass without sacrificing vocal clarity.
The headset is created to work with any portable device that has a 3.5 mm headphone jack. It also consisted of an integrated microphone.
Look and Feel
Scout headset is small and easily portable. It looks like any other common headset which comes with your phones, but this one boasts of many unique features.
The ear buds have a hint of brushed metal and they come in three different sizes: small, medium and large.
The ear buds are uniquely designed and have rubber flap on the side to help you remove the set safely out of your ears.
This flap also helps in locking the headset to your ears to prevent it from falling when you are moving or exercising. In case you fell awkward, you can easily remove them.
The right ear bud consists of a microphone. The junction point, where both the headphone cables meet, has a very tiny button to answer incoming calls or for pausing the music.
Further down this button, is a matte finish pasta like cable, which is tangle free. This cable finally leads to the 3.5 mm plug with which you can connect the set to any phone with 3.5 mm jack input.
The set comes with a handy carry case to keep it safely.
- The headset function well with all other electronic devices that use a standard 3.5 mm jack. These include Nintendo DS, Sony PSP, PC's, iPods, and iPhones.
- It can also be connected with XBOX 360 and PS3 with the help of NOX Negotiator Universal Optical Gaming Adapter.
- It has the world's smallest built-in send/end button (Claimed by NOX).
- Scout has balanced armature drivers that are at par with audiophile standards.
- Microphone is specially omni-directional and designed to offers high fidelity voice pickup.
Specifications at Glance
- 6mm balanced armature drivers.
- Frequency response is 10 Hz to 26 kHz.
- Sensitivity is 107 dBSPL @ 1 kHz @ 100 mV.
- Input impedance is 55 ohms @ 1kHz.
- 3mm omnidirectional microphone.
The overall design and performance of Scout headset is very good.
In case you don't like the headset, you can return it within a month as the company has a ’30-day no questions asked return policy’.
Scout headset is available at a price of $79.99