Money Matters - Simplified

DiCaprio's beer-bottle attacker hit with restraining order

Judge Merritt also raised Wilson's bail to $150,000 from $60,000, stating concern about her "willingness and ability to come back to court," reports ABC News.

A Canadian woman accused of slashing actor Leonardo DiCaprio's face with a broken beer bottle at a party in 2005 has been given a restraining order which requires her to stay at least 500 yards away from the actor, according to several published reports.

'Inception' star DiCaprio was at a private Hollywood Hills party, hosted by Paris Hilton's ex-boyfriend, film producer Rick Saloman, on June 20, 2005 when he was hit on the side of his head by Aretha Wilson with broken beer bottle.

DiCaprio’s bottle attacker
The 40-year-old suspect Wilson, a Canadian citizen, attacked the 'Blood Diamond' star outside the party, leaving him with a bruised and bloodied face.

In the attack, DiCaprio suffered "great bodily injury," which led to 17 stitches on his face and neck.

Wilson, a former model, reportedly mistook DiCaprio for an old boyfriend and attacked him with a broken glass object, believed to be a broken beer bottle.

After the attack, Wilson fled to Canada. She was extradited back to the United States last week and charged with assault with a deadly weapon, TMZ reports.

Citing law-enforcement officials, popular gossip website TMZ, is reporting that DiCaprio is so cooperative with the prosecutors that he’ll even appear in court to take the stand and testify against Wilson, if required.

RO issued
On Wednesday, a LA Superior Court judge granted a restraining order to the Titanic heartthrob against his alleged stalker Wilson.

According to Los Angeles Times, Judge Hilleri G Merritt ordered Wilson not to contact DiCaprio and stay 457 meters away from the actor.

Judge Merritt also raised Wilson's bail to $150,000 from $60,000, stating concern about her "willingness and ability to come back to court," reports ABC News.

DiCaprio wants to testify against his stalker
Citing law-enforcement officials, popular gossip website TMZ is reporting that DiCaprio is so cooperative with the prosecutors that he’ll even appear in court to take the stand and testify against Wilson, if required.

If convicted, Wilson will be facing a maximum prison term of four years.

Wilson’s arraignment was postponed until Aug. 11, and her bail amount was increased to $150,000 from $60,000. She did not enter a plea.

Marriage plans?
In related news, it has been reported that 35-year-old DiCaprio is planning to propose to Bar Refaeli, who happens to be his girlfriend since November 2005.

DiCaprio, whose recent movie Inception is doing a terrific business worldwide, reportedly has told pals he is ready to propose Israeli-born Refaeli and is even planning to sell his $6.5 million Hollywood mansion to move in with the 25-year-old supermodel, according a report by M&C, citing a US report.

“Leo has told his closest friend that his mum has been helping him pick out an engagement ring for Refaeli.

“He is finally ready to settle down and make it official. His friends completely support him and are really happy about the decision,” the publication cited a source as saying.